Here's a very interesting article from AdoptionBlogs.com. After you read it, check out the link to the Global Rich List. I was shocked to see I rated at the top of the scale. I am blessed in many ways and my life will become even richer when I bring my daughter home.
Excerpt:
According to a recent U.S. Census, forty-three percent of all families defined to be poor by the U.S. government own their own home. The average home owned by these families has three bedrooms, one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio. Poor families in America also typically own a car, an air conditioner, a refrigerator, a stove, a washer and dryer, and a microwave.
In contrast, the World Health Organization reports that in the year 2000, only 24% of the population in Ethiopia had a safe and adequate water supply. In that year, twelve percentage of the population in Ethiopia had adequate sanitation facilities. Facilities deemed 'adequate' range from simple but protected pit latrines to flush toilets with a sewerage connection.
Read the full story


