Lilypie

Monday, July 14, 2008

Things to do before becoming a mother # 24

Attend a Billy Idol concert - check.

Oh yes, we had a great time at the show. We completely missed Colin James, which was a shame, and only saw Joan Jett on the big screen because we were standing towards the back, yakking, drinking beer, and eating beef on a bun with beans. I would have liked to have seen her up close as she sounded great and looked like she was having a lot of fun.

You can't really tell from the pictures, but we were fairly close to the stage when Billy Idol came on. Len, one of the fellows in our group, was really keen for moving up as close as comfortably possible so he acted as bushwhacker. Bless 'im.





Here's some bad video. I'm considering purchasing a video camera for my trip to Ethiopia. Especially after watching this playback off my digital camera. This is one of the best clips I have. At least you can just make out Billy in his (open) red shirt.

Billy Idol - Eyes Without a Face


Billy did not disappoint. He sounded amazing and the band was tight. He's just a little guy (and yes, he's still sexy at 53!), and Steve Stevens is even smaller. But power houses, the both of them. Billy has a great sense of humour and kept us all chuckling, rocking, and jumping up and down the entire time. And I DID shake my fist in the air and scream the naughty version of "Mony Mony" - at least for the first verse, but then Claire asked me to create a 'clean' clip to play back for her kids. Funnily enough, Billy would not comply so it's all R-rated as you'll hear within the first 36 seconds of this second clip :-P

(I offer you this clip for audio purposes only as the video is pure shite. No zoom at all plus I was jumping around like an eejit.)

Billy Idol - Mony Mony (R-rated)


We walked over to Flames Central for drinks after the concert and then called it a night around midnight (woot!). What a blast!!