Lilypie

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Month 8


I've now been officially waiting for 8 whole months.

The good thing about being very busy with work is I don't have time to fret about when the referral is coming. So I lose my sanity from working late hours and attending annoying meetings, but I keep my sanity about the adoption. This is a matter of opinion.

8 months is a long time to wait for anything. Sure, I could get The Call at anytime, but, it could also come as late as next February-ish since the 'window' is currently between months 8 to 15.

That's quite the spread.

I think I'll choose to ignore the thought of waiting until 2009 to see Myfanwy's face for the first time ever.

Instead, tonight I will go and party like it's 1999. Or the mid 80's, at any rate.

Colin James, Joan Jett & the Black Hearts, and BILLY IDOL are playing in town tonight at the Stampede Roundup, and a friend in high places got us tickets to the show, which was apparently sold out ages ago.


I've been on a big BILLY IDOL kick of late, so I was thrilled to find out just this morning that I'm going to the concert! Tonight I'm going to give out a loud Rebel Yell, curl my lip, and shake my fist in the air to relieve some of the frustration of waiting for so blinking long.

Maybe I'll even scream the dirty lyrics to "Mony Mony."