Lilypie

Monday, July 28, 2008

Some assembly required (glider)

Yes, I assembled the glider. Finally. The first real piece of baby furniture. I did it tonight since I ran out of time on the weekend. Other than the final screw (of course), it was easy peasy - took about 1 hour.

The Parts

The Tools

The Final Product

In the last picture, you can also see the pictures I brought from the garden centre a few weeks ago. My old bedside table will probably be replaced by a new dresser. I don't think there's enough room for both.

It felt soooo good to actually sit in that chair. What a different vantage point for the nursery. I looked over and saw the empty corner for the crib. I really feel the need to fill that spot now.

I am looking forward to sitting in the glider in the days and nights to come, knitting more of the baby blanket, thinking about Myfanwy, sending her positive vibes. I've made some good progress on the blanket lately, and I plan to finally have that sucker finished by the end of the summer. Giddy up.