Lilypie

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sold !!?!!

OK, so I listed my house for sale on Chooseday, I had my first (and so far only) three showings yesterday, and I accepted an offer this afternoon - YAY!! Fingers crossed the buyer's financing goes through (and I'm not jinxing the sale by writing about it). It was a dual agency situation so my realtor and I sat in the one room while the buyer's agent (my realtor's associate who is also the lady I'll do my viewings with starting next week) sat in the next room with the buyer. We went back and forth a few times but I'm really happy with the final result.

I am one step closer to buying The Family Homestead. I no longer feel bad about leaving my current townhouse after only a year - if I hadn't bought it I wouldn't be able to afford the type of house I can really settle into with one or two kids (I'm already plotting when I can adopt baby #2 if everything goes well & I retain my sanity with baby #1).

It's been a very productive weekend. Yesterday I had an appt in the morning which worked out great because it was during my first showing. Then I sat in the mall for a couple of hours with my CAFAC workbook and did a bunch of the reading and homework from it. To treat myself after, I brought a pair of jeans to replace my favorites which are wearing out in the arse area. I made some great purchases at La Senza (bras 3 for $36!), and topped off the shopping spree with 2 'fat' shirts which disguise the disgusting jelly roll I've managed to acquire over the past couple of months (thank God Easter is over). Then I went yarn shopping with Franki The Sock Yarn Slut and bought a few balls of cotton yarn for the dishcloths I'm going to knit for the orphanage.

'Twas a very satisfactory Saturday indeed.

In other news, I was just watching a Sex In the City rerun ("Critical Condition"). It's where Miranda is still raising her son on her own and is having a bad week where all her clothes smell like baby vomit and she hasn't bathed in days - ah, something to look forward to ;-P

But I did meet another single mom-to-be at The Queen of Sheba tonight. It was a dinner sponsored by one of the international adoption orgs of which I am a member. There are many of us singles out there - it's so heartening and encouraging to meet all these strong, intelligent women in the same place as me. Wonderful! And there were many kids at the restaurant and quite a few from Ethiopia - one little fella (about 14 mths, I think) just came home a couple of weeks ago. I just met his parents at my other excursion to The Queen on St. Patty's day - they were travelling to pick him up 2 days later - what a sweetheart he is and what a lovely family!

The workbook section I was working on yesterday was about attachment and the trauma of adoption to the babies, and it got me thinking how I already know I would slit the throat of anyone who hurt my daughter... ah, a mother's love - I can already feel it...