Lilypie

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The road to bountiful

For the past 43 years I have been searching and yearning for some thing. I have always felt some thing is missing in my life. I am going to find that thing this year.

2009 is going to move me into a whole new era of my life. This January heralds the beginning of the rest of my life in a way that no other new year has. And I know that with this year I will finally be able to fill a lifelong void--a void I have longed to fill ever since I can remember--a dream I have always wished to come true.

There are events in life that shape the very essence of the person you are: additions to your family, the loss of loved ones, falling in and out of love, career changes, missed and embraced opportunities.

For me, becoming a mother will be the most significant event of my life. Ever.

From the creation of my own family, all manner of beautiful bounties will develop and flourish. I am excited to imagine the new energies that will flow in my life, the ripple effect of those new energies, and the fresh places to which those energies will take me.


Bringing my child into my life will open up a whole new world for me--not just for the experiences I will have, but also because of the love I will be finally able to express, give, and receive in return. It will be a love for one person that I can not fully imagine yet. But I know it is a love that will steer me to better things. To be a better person. To make more of a difference in the world. And to give all that I have to the life of another human being.

As I wait with breathless anticipation of seeing my daughter for the first time, I know that for all I will be able to give to her, she will give me the ultimate gift--my life. Lived and loved to its fullest potential.