Lilypie

Monday, June 9, 2008

Month 7

Ever the source of great information and though-provoking posts, Katy, over at Straight Magic, recently linked to a great set of videos. I wanted to include them here too because the bigger the audience, the better. I waited for my 7-month post because I wanted to first talk a bit about the opportunities I look forward to offering my daughter. How I hope that I can ensure that the sky is the limit for her when it comes to her potential.

The Girl Effect


Sadly, there are many girls around the world who will have very, very few chances for anything in their lives -- from an education, to a career, to a happy marriage.

As impatient as I am to bring Myfanwy home and provide her with everything that I can, I am reminded of and humbled by the fact that so many girls and women have so little opportunity.

But for the roll of a dice, any of us could have been born into different circumstances. We are so very fortunate to be living our lives. Being female should be a blessing for every woman -- not a curse.

To help fund projects specific to Ethiopia through partners of girleffect.org, click here.

Katy, thanks again for the links.

selam