Nuts.
To Whom It May Concern:
Listen here and listen but good. Today marks the conclusion of 18 months of waiting. EIGHTEEN MONTHS since my dossier arrived in Ethiopia. And that ain't the half of it. It's been 30 months. Yes - THIRTY MONTHS since I hopped on this merry go round. Even a bloomin' elephant would have given birth by now.
I've been patient, you know I have. My family and my friends tell me I've been patient. I've patted myself on the back on many occasion for handling the CONSTANT DELAYS & STRESS with such amazing grace and patience. But I'm telling you now, time is up. This post for Month 18 is the camel that broke the straw's back. It had better be the last one of it's kind. MAKE. IT. SO.
Here's the deal: if I don't get The Call in the next couple of weeks, "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad." Sounds ominous doesn't it?! Yeah, well, I'm not joking. I think I've been really nice up to now. Haven't I?
Whoa!
Hey!
Look, heh heh, I'm not threatening anyone here. Heh heh heh. That's not how I roll. Step down, step down. Sheesh!
Come on! I've done everything you asked: I've paid the fees and wages for the agencies, gubbermints, courts, lawyers, and doctors, I've attended the seminars, I've read the parenting/adoption/attachment books, saved the money, built the crib, brought the perfect child-friendly house, GAINED THE PREGNANCY WEIGHT (since I've waited so long, I've gained weight for about 3 pregnant women - my body looks like a burst mattress), what else do you want from me????
Here's the thing: our agency director returns from ET Sunday night with 10 REFERRALS (yes, that is A LOT)!! That means those precious files will be reviewed and disbursed to the provinces next week. Calls should be made to waiting families within the next week or two at the most. Yeah, missing yet another Mother's Day by just that much sucks big time but whatever. I'm calm. I can handle it.
I'll make you a deal:
I'll even clear out the dust bunnies from under my bed.
Now that's A LOT!


