
Another month down!
So far, the time is going well (maybe because it's early days yet). I have no major anxieties and have not been fretting about how long it's taking to get my referral. I have been stroller/car seat shopping and have a better idea of what I'm looking for, but I probably won't buy either item until I get my referral and know my daughter's age. If she's small enough, she may need the infant attachment for both. I've also started looking at cribs, but I am still unsure what I want there (just a crib or a 3-in-1 crib). I've also started to keep my eyes open for really good deals on clothing (bigger sizes until I get the referral). I haven't found any good enough sales to justify purchasing anything yet. Mind you, if I absolutely fall in love with an outfit, I might just buy it anyway.
I did find a glider at Babies R Us that I love and last night I saw another one ($100 cheaper) at Wal-Mart that I'll take a second look at. I will probably purchase one of those within the next few weeks so I can start spending time meditating (and knitting) in the nursery.
One thing I sometimes forget during what (unfortunately) often turns into a numbers game, is that referral times can vary GREATLY. Not just because of the agency you are using or the age/gender you have requested, but also based on the health of the child you have asked to be matched with. For example, some children have health risks or physical conditions, such as cleft palates. Willingness to accept such a child can reduce your waiting time if such a child is available for adoption. So, when I hear referral times, I try not to compare my timelines against anyone else's.
Well, that's my theory, anyway ;-)


