Lilypie

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tagged - 7 Weird Things

I've been tagged by Jocelyn. The same lovely Jocelyn who flies down to Ethiopia THIS WEEK to bring her beautiful Pacey home!!! I figured I had better post this before she leaves.

Actually I was also tagged by Nicky for something else ages ago and forgot to post my replies - SO RUDE!! I will do that soon, I SWEAR.

Here are the rules:

~The rules are to link the person who sent this and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours
~Post the rules on your blog
~Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself
~Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link their blog
~Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

I'm actually not going to officially tag anyone because so many people have already done this one - I probably couldn't find 7 people.

So, if you do want to participate, consider yourself tagged!

OK, without further ado, my 7 Weird Things:

1. My second toe is longer than my big toe. (Thanks Dad!) I was recently fitted for some orthotic sandals and the assistant laughed that I would have a problem with a certain pair because of the toe - we were both laughing about it. I actually see the large second toe as a sign of intelligence. More or less, I'm not sure. I also inherited big knuckles from my Dad.

2. I love scary movies, which is crazy because I have an overactive imagination. The other night I watched Halloween 4, 1, and 5 all in a row - they were on the boob tube in that order. By #5 , I was starting to spook myself out (it was a windy night and something was rattling around outside the house). It was 2:30am when it finished, but I had to watch it because I hadn't seen it before. I also love zombie movies - 28 Days is an all time favorite, 28 Weeks Later is not as good but I still had to shield my eyes a few times.

3. I have a hard time committing to the stupidest things - like area rugs. Oh, and men...not saying they are stupid or anything, LOL

4. I don't like most leftovers (if I have to reheat pizza I usually can't finish a slice without gagging - unless I am starving). Mind you, I do like leftover Chinese food all tossed together in bowl. But I haven't had Chinese food in donkey's ears. I do suspect I will like leftover Ethio food though. Reheated veggie alecha with injera - yum. I want some right now.

5. I love to buy cookbooks and kitchen gadgets, but I'm not much of a cook. Yet. I bought a beautiful Kitchen Aid mixer almost 2 years ago (after drooling over them for years). I've used it exactly once to shred some zucchini which turned into a puree which looked like stepped on caterpillar. It currently resides in the freezer (the zucchini sludge, not the mixer) waiting for me to make zucchini bread with my mixer.

This is my (like-new) mixer in my old kitchen. I miss that old kitchen.


6. I like a good chip buttie. Since I haven't had one since leaving England, I substitute by stuffing Plain Lays Chips into a sandwich (usually Subway).

7. At 42, I still plug in my iPod and dance/sing around the house in my spare time. This will have to stop after Myfanwy joins me. sigh. Actually, this fact is more embarrassing than weird but I couldn't think of another #7. I guess I'm not that weird... Feel free to agree with me.