Lilypie

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Authentication by embassy - check!

My dossier was sent back to CAFAC from the Ethiopian Embassy in Ottawa. It took exactly 3 weeks.

So next step, it will be sent off to Ethiopia, and when it arrives in country (in a week or so, I hope) I will be officially waiting!!

Unfortunately, the referral timeline has been changed for the worse. It's now an average 10-14 month wait from the time the dossier lands in country (it used to be 1-9 months).

So. I could get my referral anytime from July on. Or, I could get lucky and get a faster referral. I'm still optimistic that I won't have to wait that long, but that's probably just the silly musing of a woman who's still early on in the process....

However, if I expect a long wait, I'll probably get a long wait. So I won't. I'm a firm believer in the Law of Attraction. It's worked for me many many times before.

selam

p.s. I'm on Day 17 and the cleanse is going really well. I'm on target to lose the promised 21-lbs. That being said, I can't wait to cook some real food. I am scouring cook books for cakes and breads to bake.

Also baked mac 'n cheese casserole.

And dry, salt & pepper ribs, which I have never cooked before.

My plan, once the cleanse is over, is to allow myself one decent meal a day and follow the rest of the plan for my other meals. At least for a while longer as I want to lose some more weight and I think if I follow this idea I'll keep my caloric intake low. We shall see.