Dianne tagged me. Here's the skinny:
Open the book closest to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book,
but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.
Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following there.
but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.
Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following there.
Well, for once the books piled up closest to me (as I tap tap tap away at my laptop in bed) are not adoption or childcare books.
Instead my list is:
1) My Booky Wook - Russell Brand (one of my favorite British comedians. Not to every one's taste, which is probably why I enjoy him so much.)
2) Rick Mercer Report: The Book - Rick Mercer (I love Rick - he's my favorite source of Canadian political news)
3) The Baker's Apprentice - Judi Hendricks (I bought this a while ago because of the pretty cover, the title, the sale price, and the fact I was going through a baking phase at the time. Right now I can't remember exactly what the book is about.)
Anyroad, back to My Booky Wook...
Now I'm turning to page 56....
Watch, it's probably something rude...
"I was a connoisseur of the Penguin, which came in yellow, green, blue and red wrappers. I was a particular devotee of the blue variety, even though all penguins are the same below the surface, which I think is as perfect an analogy as we're likely to get for the futility of racism. Once the blues were devoured I'd feast upon their inferior cousins the greens, then the reds, and finally those filthy heathens the yellows." *Not bad. Not as much fun as the first sentence on that page though:
"How I viewed my dad at that point was as this magnificent bloke who was either reading newspapers, picking his nose, farting, or making an incredible fuss of women."Or the first two sentences in the book...
Sorry, those are too rude for MummyHeart.
But what do you expect from a fellow who looks like this?

Oh well.
Now, I'm supposed to tag three people. I wasn't going to, but then I had so much fun with this one that I'm going to pass along the savings to you.
Well, you three in particular:
An Ethiopian Adoption Blessing
Australoknitticus Robustus
Pass Me My Wine
*A tip of my hat to anyone who knows what a Penguin is (and a wag of my finger to those of you who don't)


