Lilypie

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Month 10

Well hallelujah, I've hit double digits.

Not that I should be complaining. I'm certainly not the fastest person in the world. It's taken me A YEAR to knit Myfanwy's baby blanket. ONE. YEAR. To knit an all-garter stitch blanket (which means it's not rocket science, peeples).




I finished off the final touches last night. Despite some flaws (especially as I learned to change colors), I'm pretty happy with it.

....

Hmm, checking that old post, I actually started the blanket in March 2007 - that means it took me 18 months to finish it. Yes, lots of starts and finishes during that time.

Maybe the universe doesn't want me finishing the blanket before I'm presented with my referral, and that's why I had to take so long to do it.... Yeah, that's sounds like it.

OK Universe. I'm ready now.

Anyroad, I will send this blanket down to Myfanwy in the foster house when I get the referral. I'm not counting on being able to bring it home but I want to make sure only M gets to use it. I think I'll have to add a name tag to it for that reason. It's a blanket not only drenched in love but also my stinky pheromones. I'm hoping it will help M feel more attached to me when we finally meet. A bit of imprinting.




My mom has started the blanket that will remain here for daily use. It's all pink with eyelets throughout. Sweet.

Now that the blanket is done, I can finish off my sweater and get cracking on a dress and sweater for M.

selam