Lilypie

Friday, August 7, 2009

Knee high to a grasshopper

That's my kid. Actually, if she could stand up she would be knee high to me. I checked.

Yes, I finally received my first update. It included 4 pictures, in which Biset is wearing an adorable, red Canada shirt and a HUGE, gummy smile.

My agency rep, who was just in ET, told me this: "She is so bright and active – and what a smile. She is beautiful. She is still quite tiny for her age but growing really consistently. I held her for quite a while – she doesn’t make strange at all – has a smile for everyone."

YAY, that's my girl!!

The update confirms she is healthy and very active - they say her arms and legs are always moving (almost every picture I have shows her arms and legs in motion). She's rolling over and smiling at everyone. She wakes once at night for a feeding and is a sound sleeper. She has only gained a couple of pounds (12 lbs now) so she's only in the 3rd percentile. Her arms look thin to me. She needs some chub.

I want to scoop her up and snuggle her in the worst way.

Fortunately I get a great baby fix this weekend. I am currently waiting for Barbara and Makeda's flight to come in tonight. They are my distinguished guests for the weekend. And VERY fortunately, the sun has finally come out today (after a week of rain and cold - I had the heater on!!). Tomorrow should be a great day at the park for Afrikadey!

Happy weekend, ya'll!!