Lilypie

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Month 12

The month in which my sweet flower child falls off the end of the ticker and crawls back to the beginning. Of course, she's not starting over. Instead, we're entering the 2nd year of officially waiting. Ick. But it's the last year of this long process, so I'm very thankful for that.

Maybe I should wax poetic about reaching the 1-year point of my wait, but that's not how I'm feeling. I'm just not that into naval gazing these days. I've done so much of that already, I'm just ready to be a mother already. And not thought of as an adoptive mother either, just a mother. To my Myfanwy. Who is probably already out there somewhere.

Anyways, I've so much to keep me busy lately. And today I'll be receiving (from Mum) the second piece of major baby furniture - no, not a crib - a dresser. This one:
I'm getting a screaming deal on it as it's a floor model. All it needs is a paint touch-up on the top. I still don't know about the crib style or colour (I suspect I'll go with a white one).

I not-so-secretly suspect that month 13 will be the biggie for me and my girl. But who knows for sure? Certainly not me. But if I can see Myfanwy's face by Christmas, I'll be one very happy lady.

To my fellow 12-monthers out there - Happy New Year!! We're in the home stretch now :-)